Sunday, May 12, 2013

April 15 and April 22, 2013 Sister Leader Trainers





April 15
Well.... things are going well.  This week´ll be the last week of the transfer and its been a good one.  I love my companion and the work has been going well.  

I´m sorry I´m so bad at writing.... What kind of stories do you want to hear?  What do you want to know?  I guess to me, things just kind of seem normal cause I live it everyday but they could be different to you, but things are going really well and I am loving the work!  

April 22

I don´t know if you´ve heard yet, but the church has started this new program of sister leader trainers.  I think that it is something world-wide, but I could be mistaken.  Well.... As for transfers..... even though I just got here in Anil this past transfer, I will be transfered to.... guess where??? Juiz de Fora.  Yep.  That´s in Minas Gerais - another state in Brasil and what will be part of the new mission - so.... more likely than not, I will stay on that half of the mission since it splits in July.  and guess what else?  I´ll be one of these sister leader´s thing.  We´ll have a training on it later in the day, but from what I understand, we´ll pretty much do what a zone leader does, but for sisters.  Go on splits and help train the other sisters.  Also, we´ll be opening the area in Jardim de America. so... we´ll see how it all goes :) I´m pretty excited though.  It´s gonna be a good transfer!  My companion will be Sister  O She is Brasilian.  I´ve met her before and she seems way funny and awesome.  My current companion, Sister C will be staying here in Anil to train a new sister :) I am so excited for her! She´ll do great! This past transfer has been great with her!  She is a great sister - super motivated and with a good focus and I love her!  She is great! :)  It has passed by ridiculously fast though!

Oh.  So we had a baptism yesterday. His name is D and we´ve been working with him for a few weeks now.  I can´t believe how prepared he was by the Lord to receive the gospel.  It was amazing. He was a referral from an AWESOME member, A.  He has a great heart for missionary work!  He takes us to pretty much everyone that he knows.  He fasts and prays to have missionary opportunities and then takes advantage of them when they come!  It is awesome.  And it was through him and his faithfulness that we met D.  Definitely something that we should all do as members :)  D is eighteen years old and can serve a mission in a year! how awesome would that be?

So can I just tell you a funny story that is not very typical of being a missionary? hahaha.  Well... the other day we went to visit a family and we were calling at the front gate, but no one was answering.  Since it was open, we just went in to call closer to the house, leaving the door open behind us.  outside was a huge gate with concrete all around it and inside there were several houses on one side and a high wall on the other side made of concrete.  but the family didn´ tend up being home and the neighbor (i think on purpose), shut the gate behind us..... and well.... we were stuck.  no one else in the other houses were home either and.... so what did we do? well. scaled the fence and jumped it, of course.  yeah, it was pretty epic.  two sister missionaries climbing over a wall in skirts.  but no one else saw, which was good- and well.. we made our escape! :) haha but it was a pretty funny moment.

Carolyn here: Here's an article about Sister Leaders.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865577611/Sister-LDS-missionaries-will-have-key-role-in-new-Mission-Leadership-Council.html?pg=all


This might be different then the gate they actually climbed over but I thought it was useful to visualize her story. 

Gate


No comments:

Post a Comment