Sunday, October 13, 2013

August 19, 2013

I am doing well.  I wish I could just tell you just how much I am learning here.  I love the work of the Lord.  I love the gospel.  I love the influence that it has in people´s lives.  and.  I love you!
 
This week we had several cool experiences.
 
Last weekend, I made a contact with a man, J.  It was a normal contact and I ended up leaving a pamphlet with him and we marked to go back Tuesday at seven o´clock.  And so - Tuesday at seven, we went there and tried to find his house, but we couldn´t find the number and so... we started walking away.  As we were leaving, someone comes out behind us calling "moças, moças" (which means girls, girls).  And so we turned around and lo and behold it was him :)  (His house is on the street that we were looking, but there is a little stream that goes in front of it and a lot of trees around it, and it was also dark outside and impossible to find).  So as we were talking to him there, he said that he had read the pamphlet that we had left (had a few questions about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, which we answered) and said that he wanted to go to church.  It was awesome.  So then we went back and taught him about the restoration and invited him to be baptized next Sunday the 25th.  At first he said that it was really soon, but we talked to him about the blessings and he said that it was what he wanted.  He went to church Sunday and really liked it and received a priesthood blessing to help him with the word of wisdom.  It was cool how we ran into him though.  I can really see the Lord guiding in situations like these and others that I have had.  
We´re also working with V.  She´s sixteen and has a sister who is an inactive member of the church.  She really wants to be baptized this Sunday and just needs permission from her mom. 
 
I have really learned a lot here.  I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and the peace that it leaves us even in difficult situations.  I am so glad that we can trust in the Lord and that he will lead and guide us. 
 
My companion is great.  I love how ready she is to learn and to work hard.  And well... she´ll end up training this next transfer because there are so many new sisters coming in, which´ll be hard but I´m sure she´ll learn a ton.  I think its really in these moments of new responsibility that the Lord really streches us to help us learn and grow. Transfers will be next Wednesday and so we´ll see what happens!! ahh!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment