There's a couple good things that have come out of the process of waiting to leave on my mission. As you may know, I was originally called (I received this in October) as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to leave on March 28th to Rio de Janeiro Brasil. As it turns out, however, I will be a part of a pilot program where we are in the CTM (Brasilian MTC) for three weeks less time and thus learn the language faster? I'm not quite sure exactly what will happen once I get there. Right now, though, I am currently in the process of waiting. Waiting for a train to go/ or a bus to come, or a plane to go/ or the mail to come, or the rain to go/ or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow/ or the waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow - at least that is how Dr. Seuss would put it. But there are a few good things that I have noticed that have come out of this, because really I am not waiting, I am just preparing. Preparing for "a plane to go".
1. I can go to Bott's Mission Prep class! I love this class so much. He addresses a lot of the problems that missionaries face once they get into the field and gives suggestions on how to correct said problems. It is fantastic.
2. I have the opportunity to study the Scriptures as well as Preach My Gospel. I ended up with a lot of free time coming to school for this block and what better way could you think of to fill it?? Although, I could always be better.
3. I can take Portuguese! I already love the language even though the only conversation I know is "Tudo bem?" "Tudo bem."
4. I get to go to my sister's wedding! She will be married on March 2nd and I am SO excited for her! And the best part is that I can actually go in!!
5. Sarah's homecoming talk and my farewell talk will be on the SAME day! How often does that happen?! I found out that she would be coming home on April 12th the day after I found out I would be leaving on April 18th. It wasn't chance. It wasn't a coincidence. They were a day apart! The timing was perfect. Everything was perfect! This has seriously been the biggest tender mercy that Heavenly Father could ever give to me! I love Him.
So despite my impatience, I really am grateful for the time that I have been given to prepare and to spend more time with my family. I just need to make sure to spend it wisely!