Saturday, December 17, 2011

and this one time, I turned twenty-one....

Well... I turned twenty-one yesterday! Exciting.

So earlier this year I decided to start doing this 21 new experiences before I turned 21. Well. I only got about halfway through, so instead I decided to use experiences from my entire life and maybe a few from that list.... in no particular order..

1. I was born! A pretty big step, don't you think?
2. I went bungee jumping! Destiny and I did this for our sixteenth birthdays. My dad did it with us! (My mom was not too happy about that!)
3. I got accepted to BYU! and went there for a couple years. I love that place!
4. I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friends weddings :) love you Annette!
5. Went on a road trip in white out conditions, literally. The most you could see in front were the headlights of the car we were following. scary!
6. I went snowboarding! David and I went up in Idaho last semester and it was soo much fun! My favorite part of this trip was when we went on the main slope at the very end of the day. By that time it had already started snowing, so we really couldn't see anything. If you got close enough, you could make out a tree or a sign for a black diamond course, which we definitely did steer clear of. Well it was a pretty steep mountain and at one point, we both fell and just slid on our bums halfway down it. It was so much fun! :)
7. I lived through at least three 'apocalypses'.
8. I survived swimming.
9. I graduated high school. Woo.
10. I ran a half marathon! Lisa and I ran the Provo Halloween Half last year. It was GREAT! We trained half the summer up until the race. It was hard work, but totally worth it! The best part of the race - Lisa and I were talking about how awesome it was that we were finally doing one of our life goals and this guy comes running up beside us and congratulates us and it wasn't until he passes us that we notice that he only had one leg! I wish I could go back and congratulate him!
11. Got a speeding ticket :/
12. I joined the Phage Hunters program freshman year in college and was able to isolate a bacteriophage. The next year I was able to become a TA for this program and travel to Washington D.C./ Virginia for training. It was pretty sweet.
13. Went fishing. Didn't catch anything though :/
14. I went from January 1st this year until today without eating desserts. Now how you classify desserts is the only question...... :)
15. SKYDIVING! Well... I haven't actually been yet, but I will in about a week or so.
16. Learned to ride a bike. and then a car.
17. I got a passport! I got this for a trip that I never went on, but the best part about it is that I have the ability to go :)
18. I got my ears pierced :) I say this because it is rather recent - I went with Annette and Evan winter semester.
19. I went on a road trip! (without my family) Annette and I rode to Saint George for a weekend to visit her grandparents and to get away from the Provo cold. I am absolutely in love with that city.
20. I got hit by a car. It was hilarious! :)
21. I decided to become a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was called to serve in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil and will hopefully be flying out on March 27th! 101 more days! As a missionary I will be able to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I can't wait to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment